Translate

Wednesday, January 11, 2017

McDreamy meets McReality

You know, good friend, my dreams have been fickle in the past couple of years. They have been evolving, accumulating and proliferating. Some days these dreams are vibrant and full-pixeled. Other days they are cloudy with a chance of meatballs. Some days they involve writing for National Geographic. Other days they involve being a Portuguese teacher..no, maybe a Spanish teacher...or an English teacher? Or a tour guide? With a travel blog? One outrageous fantasy involves setting up a Brazilian food truck and selling exotic, gluten-free treats all over California, considering the nutty-granola customer base.

As this New Year begins, I set goals to write more often in my blog, replace the pudge for a six pack (no, not of beer) and pay attention to my own voice more acutely. I also find myself fumbly answering my dear friends and family when they ever-so-delicately ask me what I will do after I finish my Master's in Brazil this upcoming year. Well, with my loving boyfriend and I both in big job transitions, I don't have a better answer than the following: surrender. Surrender to the mystery of God's plan, surrender to the motion of life's dance, and surrender to what it really means to live one day at a time. Easier said than done, is it?

Now, this mesh of fickle dreams comes into question. Do they have to be full of unicorns and singing trees? Would they lose their McDreamy quality if they actually became attainable? What if once-distant dreams begin to surface and materialize? And if they are becoming more realistic, does that mean that I am coming closer to living the dream? One day at a time, Maggie, one day at a time...

1 comment:

Send me your thoughts!